IMPORTING AND EXPORTING FROM MICROSOFT EXCEL TO ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6
Microsoft Excel and Primavera P6 are two competing softwares for project management.This can become a problem. The issue can arise when a client who uses Microsoft Excel cannot access information because the project manager uses Primavera P6 or vice versa. Here is a step by step guide to importing and exporting important information, documents and or data from Microsoft Excel to Oracle Primavera P6.
How to Export From Microsoft to Primavera P6
1. Open projects from the Primavera P6 application. In the dropdown menu labeled File you will choose the “export” function.
2. When exporting it is important to make sure what one is exporting is appropriate with the system you are exporting to. To do this you will select the “Format” icon and choose the option that is compatible with the version of Microsoft that is being used.
3. Once you have exported your documents to the version of Microsoft that most compatible you will then have to choose “Microsoft Project” as the format for the file. You will then press the icon labeled “Next” which will take one to the screen for the export process.
4. Click the icon labeled “Export” for all the projects that are being exported.
5. Modify any changes that are needed. Once all the adjustments to the documents are finished press the “Next” icon.
6. After you checked your export settings click the “Finish” icon which will complete your task.
How to Import From Microsoft to Primavera P6
1. Open projects from Microsoft Excel.
2. Under “File” click the “Save As” icon.
3. When saving the document click “Save as type” which is a dropdown menu that will show “XML format.” Choose this and then click “Save.”
4. Go to Primavera P6 software and under “File” choose “Import” from the drop down menu.
5. A screen will pop up. This screen there will give you the option to select the import format. Select Microsoft Project XML. Then press the “Next” icon.
6. A new screen will pop up asking What Microsoft Project to import. Click the “Select” icon. This will bring all your files up that you have saved on your hard drive.
7. Select the project for import. Once selected click “Next” and then “Finish.”
After this the Microsoft Excel Project will download to Primavera P6 and the import will be complete.