Project Management Institute (PMI) is the world’s leading not-for-profit project management organization in the world.
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMI-SP®) credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMI-SP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education, and competency to lead and direct projects.
This recognition is seen through increased marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI Project Management Salary Survey–Seventh Edition, certification positively impacts project manager salaries.
Who should apply?
The PMI-SP recognizes demonstrated competence in leading and directing project teams. If you’re an experienced manager of project related activities looking to solidify your skills, stand out to employers and maximize your earning potential, the PMI-SP credential is the right choice for you. PMI-SP Requirements:
To apply for the PMI-SP, you need to have either:
• A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects (You did NOT have to have the title of Project Manager.) and 35 hours of project management education (This course meets the 35-hour requirement.).
• A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects(You did NOT have to have the title of Project Manager) and 35 hours of project management education (This course meets the 35-hour requirement.).
PMI-SP Course Guarantee!
- The student must attend all sessions of the PMI-SP Exam Prep course. This requirement applies to the first instance of taking the course, as well as to any subsequent retakes of the course.
- The student must take either the PMI-SP or CAPM exam within 30 days of completing the course.
- Students who do not pass the PMI-SP or CAPM exam after taking the course for the first time may take advantage of our exam retake program. To qualify for retake reimbursement, students must fax their PMI-SP or CAPM exam score sheet to Global PM at (985) 781-9084 and:
- Enroll for free in any Public Training Schedule PMI-SP Exam Prep Boot Camp offered during the six months following the date of the exam for which a score sheet was submitted. (Students retaking the course are required to use the materials and books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.)
- Students must retake either the PMI-SP or CAPM exam within one month of completing the retake of the course.
- Students must fax their PMI-SP or CAPM exam score sheet for the retake to Global PM and a reimbursement check will be issued to the student 3-5 business days after receipt of the score sheet by Global PM.