- Training Services
- Purchase / Lease Software
- Contact Us
- Quote Request
Primavera P6 offers formats so Resource Codes can help you organize, group, sort, and filter data as they relate to the resources themselves and the data that surrounds these items of internet. Resource Codes in Primavera P6 also give you the option to group and sort within Resource Assignments and Resource Profile views to help you better understand how resources are being used and allocated throughout your organization and within a variety of projects and endeavors.
To create a Resource Code, follow these steps:
1. Click on Administer, Enterprise Data in the menu bar and choose Resource Codes
2. click on the Add Code icon.
3. Type in the New Resource Code name.
4. Click on the Add Code Value button, to add in a code value and a description. Keep in mind that you can add as many Code Values that you think will be necessary.
5. Click on Save in the resource code window to save your changes.
Keep this in mind, too:
Another tip that may come in handy when you are grouping and sorting Resource Codes is to use Resource Assignment layout where you can group and sort by resources and areas of responsibilities. Another feature is to use resource usage profiles which can also be grouped by Resource Codes. When you click on a supervisor’s name, for example, you will be able to see the limits and the resources used by this individual.